Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fun with Mehandi

Shakespeare had once said "Whats in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet"

The same holds true for henna...Henna is famously known in the Middle East and now in western part of the world is well known as Mehendi (Mehandi) in most part in India, but I wouldnt be surprised is there is at least half a dozen names created for Mehandi...

But no matter what the purpose of application is the same irrespective of culture. It is among many other things, ultimately the expression, celebrations, the dance of exultation, and the inclusion of change (and possible the uncertainty) in life...

I am really taken off by the design of henna....As today, there are different patterns that comes under the main categories which be mixed and matched. Arabic, Marwadi, Indian and outlines are the major and well known categories. While the Arabic designs comprises huge flowers and leaves, the Marwadi designs are thin patterns where the entire hand is filled without a single gap. The basic Indian designs comprises kalash (a vase , normally depicted as being covered with mango leaves), doli ( a palanquin), peacocks, and kanguras ( mangi seeds) and etc. 

In my personal life, i really love to have Mehendi on my hands and feet...hmmm just waiting for the right time....its not necessary to be drew during weddings but any occasions it will do...but for me, I am bit particualry where i only want it for my wedding as it will be more special to be looked at the first time! haha...
I will love to have the Indian designs or the Marwadi designs on me... I wish to have a pretty Mehendi and to be reddish as it portrays the love of future husband...(thats what the old folks say, so i just follow). I have several collections of Mehendi where i love to see on me soon :). 
Indian design

Arabic Design
Arabic design
on the feet and hands
Marwadi Design












I wish to share more soon! hope this piece of writing found interesting.....till then stay tune! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...quite an interesting piece of writing ms...anyway nice design there. Hmmm, I like the arabic design.... :) And hope to see ur collection on mehendi soon ms....hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete